I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the Blogger Profile page. Therefore, this is my attempt to tell you a little more about who I am.
I always find it difficult to tell people about myself, it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I draw a complete blank. Seriously, a complete blank, I'm having a hard time thinking of things right now.
So, we'll start with the simple things in the form of one of my beloved lists:
1. I'm divorced with one Awesome Kid, who totally gets my sarcastic sense of humor and gives it right back. We've just embarked on the teenage years.
2. I live with the World's Best Boyfriend. No really he is. He even does the laundry. ALL THE TIME! Yeah, I know! - He must be from another planet.
3. I'm currently attempting Weight Watchers (11 pounds gone so far.)
4. Shoes are one of my passions. As well as Coach handbags. The Kid openly mocks me for this one since I can feel the gravitational pull of the Coach store whenever we're in the mall.
5. I'm Italian so therefore, I love to cook and, duh, eat. (Thanks Gram for all of those patient lessons, I was paying attention I swear.)
6. I can not bake.
7. I'm a novice at sewing and quilting, I still sew on the 1920 Singer that I inherited. Yep, it still works! (Thanks again for the lessons Gram.)
8. I love Sci-Fi and Action movies - thank god I had a son. We've seen the extended version of the Lord of Rings about 62,000,000 times. (I had a dream when I was pregnant that I was in the hospital, I had just had the baby and the nurse told me it was a girl. I told her to take it back it wasn't mine. Yeah, I wanted a boy that bad.)
9. Barnes & Noble and the Public Library are two of my absolute fav places. I have a bagillion books. I just finished reading Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrision 's and I'm working on The Looking Glass Wars - Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor. It's not uncommon for me to read more than one book at a time.
10. I think milk is disgusting and I don't make my kid drink it. I blame this mostly on my brother who was allergic to milk when we were younger; we only had powdered milk in the house. Blech! I also don't like the way it clings. I know, I'm a freak. Maybe that makes me a bad parent but the kid grows pretty damn well, and I haven't been scolded by the doctor so I'm gonna go with it.
11. I'm slowly morphing into my mother. I've started using words like 'dilly-dally' (Yeah, I actually told the Kid and I quote 'Don't dilly-dally on the way to school or you'll be late.' Yup - you should've seen the look I got for that one. ), I lecture about clothes strewn about his bedroom floor and dishes put in the sink not the dishwasher. Gah!
12. I loathe cleaning but most especially I HATE MOPPING. My mother single handedly keeps both Lysol and Clorox in business. I on the other hand clean only when necessary. (Sorry mom I haven't morphed into you that much.)
13. If I didn't have my hair colored every 5 weeks (Christina my hairdresser rocks!) I would have a gray streak on the right side of my head just like Rogue in the X-Men. I'm undecided as to whether or not I should have the 'streak' put in. We'll see.
14. I can be ready to travel in 20 minutes. No, really I can, I've had a lot of practice. My favorite vacation is Disney World. The BF and I are going this October sans Kid for the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. I'm salivating at the thought.
15. I can wear the battery out in the TV remote (my dad can attest to this one).
16. I'm easily bored and can have the attention span of a fruit bat when I'm not interested in something.
Well, people I think I'm going to leave it at 16 for today. I'm sure I'll come up with others for a future post but ta ta for now. The sun is out and I'm going to go enjoy it.